This Cheesy Chex Mix is an easy party snack that is both gluten-free and dairy-free. Savory, salty, crunchy, and delicious!
Cheesy, salty, crunchy. This cheesy Chex mix has it all!
Gluten-free party snacks can be harder to find. But this homemade seasoned Chex mix is a delicious option without the gluten or dairy.
Chex Mix Ingredients
Only four major ingredients plus spices make up this addictive snack! Here are the major ingredients you will need:
- Roasted salted peanuts
- Rice Chex
- Gluten-free pretzel sticks
- Vegan gluten-free cheese puffs
- Vegan butter
- Garlic, onion, and mustard powders
- Paprika, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper
- Coconut sugar
Never seen vegan gluten-free cheese puffs? Here are some brands that make them!
- Earth Balance White Cheddar Puffs
- Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs
- Thrive Market Grain-Free Puffs
How to Make Chex Mix
- Combine peanuts, Chex, and pretzels in a bowl.
- Melt vegan butter and whisk in spices.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients.
- Stir to moisten all ingredients.
- Spread Chex mix evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Allow mix to cool then add cheese puffs.
Want a sweet recipe for Chex mix? Check out this coconut chocolate Chex mix!
More Gluten-Free Snack Recipes
Cheesy Chex Mix (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 3 cups rice Chex
- 2 cups gluten-free pretzel sticks
- 3 cups vegan gluten-free cheese puffs
- 12 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine peanuts, rice Chex, and pretzels in a medium bowl. (Cheese puffs will be added at the very end.)
- Melt butter in a glass measuring cup or small microwavable bowl. Add spices, nutritional yeast, and coconut sugar to the melted butter. Whisk to combine.
- Pour liquid mixture over the dry ingredients. Gently stir mixture until most pieces are coated. Spread mixture into an even layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan halfway through cooking, stir, and return to oven for remaining cook time.
- Allow Chex mix to cool before adding cheese puffs. Store in an airtight container.