These Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies are loaded with oats and flaxseed to make for a healthy and delicious gluten-free breakfast cookie! Subtly sweet. Vegan and dairy-free.
Chocolate and peanut butter for breakfast. Need I say more?
And this breakfast cookie recipe is no different.
Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
Now, there are a lot of breakfast cookies out there. Not all of them are gluten-free or dairy-free or egg-free. Or refined sugar-free for that matter.
These gluten-free cookies, I'm happy to say, are all of the above but still full of flavor. The flavor reminds me of a brownie cookie, and I am perfectly okay with that for breakfast.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies Ingredients
For these healthy breakfast cookies, here's what you'll need:
- Gluten-free oats
- Ground flaxseed
- Coconut sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Creamy peanut butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Almond milk
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts
You'll notice that the coconut sugar amount called for is pretty minimal. To keep these cookies as healthy as possible, I've relied mostly on the natural sweetness of the banana.
And bananas are the secret hero in these vegan breakfast cookies. They help bind, sweeten, and add nutritious value!
More Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Breakfast Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup (100g) gluten-free oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mashed banana very ripe is best
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup almond milk warmed
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips optional
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, flaxseed, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add mashed banana, peanut butter, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk. Stir until mixture is evenly combined. If using, fold in chopped walnuts and/or dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough and place on baking sheet in even rows. Use the palm of your hand (use a piece of parchment for less mess) to press cookie down slightly. The cookies won't spread more than they are pressed.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for a couple minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.