This Curried Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is completely dairy-free. Made with vegetables and spices for a delicious, flavorful soup! Gluten-free and vegan.
If your comfort food meter is trending high, look no further. Comfort food doesn't have to be bad for you. It can be healthy and delicious.
Chocked full of veggies, this warming curried vegetarian soup is one to add to the rotation.
Curried Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup Ingredients
This recipe is all about vegetable prep. Once your veggies are chopped, diced, or sliced, the rest is really quite easy. Here are the major ingredients you'll need:
- Minced garlic
- Arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut milk
- Nutritional yeast
- Curry powder, red chili flakes, cumin, coriander
- Lime juice
How to Make Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
- Soften onions and carrots in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Add garlic, spices, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- Pour in vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend part of the soup with an immersion blender or regular blender.
What to Serve with Curried Cauliflower Soup
This soup can act as the main event or as a compliment to the meal. Due to its vegetable content, it's hearty and filling. Here are some ideas for serving:
- Pair with flatbread
- Serve with salad
- Stir in sour cream or yogurt (dairy-free if needed)
- Top with red chili flakes
Want more soup inspiration? Check out this healthy taco soup or the links below!
More Gluten-Free Soups & Stews
Curried Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- ½ head broccoli broken into florets
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 ¾ cups (1-13.5 oz can) full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- dairy-free sour cream
- dairy-free plain yogurt
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and carrots. Heat until onions and carrots have softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and let cook for about 1 minute. Stir in arrowroot starch until dissolved. Add curry powder, red chili flakes, cumin, coriander, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper. Add cauliflower, broccoli, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Cover and allow soup to simmer for about 15 minutes until soup slightly thickens and cauliflower and broccoli become tender. Add lime juice juice and stir.
- Once vegetables are tender, use an immersion blender to puree part of the soup. This will add creaminess while still leaving whole vegetables.
- Alternatively, you can carefully transfer 1-2 cups of soup to a blender to puree and return to saucepan. Only fill your blender halfway as hot liquids can easily splatter.
- Serve curried cauliflower and broccoli soup warm. Top with sour cream or yogurt if desired (dairy-free if needed).