Oven Baked Carrot Fries tossed with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley for a deliciously healthy snack recipe. Just add your favorite dipping sauce! Gluten-free, vegan.
If you’ve got the February blues, I’ve got just the right, bright antidote. Oven baked carrot fries, friends. The orange vegetable usually taking up space in your fridge drawer makes for some really excellent fries.
These carrot fries have been my solution to those cozy days in, when the salty snack cravings hit.
Full of beta carotene, vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, as well as minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium, and you’ve got yourself a powerhouse of goodness in one humble vegetable.
While these sunny, salty sticks are the prize, having something equally as delicious to dip them in is a bonus. I would recommend a dipping sauce, like this easy tahini sauce (I like mine spicy) or a garlic aioli.
It will be spring in no time!
Love carrots? Erin’s orange glazed carrots are a must try!
More Gluten-Free Side Dishes
Oven Baked Carrot Fries Recipe
- 1 lbs carrots peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off ends of carrots and cut lengthwise in half, and then in half again. If needed cut in half again.
- Place carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle cornstarch over mixture and toss again until evenly incorporated. Add parsley and toss again.
- Transfer carrots to prepared baking sheet. Spread carrots in even layer, so that they are not touching. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender and crisp at ends. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with sauce of choice such as tahini sauce, garlic aioli, or cinnamon-spiced ketchup!