Try these Homemade Almond Coconut Kind Bars made with only 8 ingredients! Drizzled with dark chocolate, these granola bars make a delicious breakfast on-the-go or snack! Gluten-free, vegan.
When reaching for easy gluten-free snacks, store-bought granola bars sure make things simple.
Make your own homemade granola bars and that can be simple too. Inspired by store-bought Kind bars, this recipe requires only a handful of ingredients.
Full of nuts, coconut flakes, and coated with a layer of chocolate, it's just the right balance of sweet and salty.
Ingredients for Granola Bars
For this coconut almond bars recipe, there are only 8 ingredients needed. Here are the items you will need:
- Roasted unsalted almonds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
How to Make Coconut Almond Bars with Chocolate
- Line the loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper so that it lines the bottom and the two longer sides.
- Toast the coconut in a medium saucepan and transfer to a plate to cool.
- Heat on low the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in the saucepan.
- Stir occasionally until all ingredients have incorporated into a smooth mixture.
- Place the chopped almonds, coconut flakes, and chia seeds in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour almond butter mixture over nuts and stir until all dry ingredients are coated.
- Transfer nut mixture to prepared loaf pan.
- Use an extra piece of parchment paper to press the mixture down firmly into an even layer.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together.
- Remove the loaf pan from the fridge and pour melted chocolate on top.
- Chill bars in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Remove bars from pan and slice into bars.
- Drizzle additional melted chocolate over the tops of bars.
- Refrigerate until set.
What is the best way to store these no-bake granola bars? Due to the almond butter and maple syrup that act as binders, these bars are best stored in the refrigerator.
If at room temperature for too long, the bars will soften and easily break apart.
Do you have a favorite Kind bar flavor?
Want more granola bar ideas? Check out these no-bake granola bars and the links below!
More Gluten-Free Granola Bar Recipes
Homemade Almond Coconut Kind Bars
Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon coconut oil
- Place coconut in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously. Cook for 3-5 minutes until most of the coconut is golden brown. Transfer coconut to a plate to cool. Set aside.
- Line the loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper so that it lines the bottom and the two long sides of the pan.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until all ingredients have incorporated into a smooth mixture. Remove from heat.
- Place the chopped almonds, coconut flakes, and chia seeds in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Pour almond butter mixture over nuts and stir until all dry ingredients are coated.
- Transfer nut mixture to prepared loaf pan. Use an extra piece of parchment paper to press mixture down firmly into an even layer.
- Place loaf pan in the fridge. Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave chocolate chips for 30 second intervals, stirring after each until most of the chips have melted. Stir until all have melted.
- Remove loaf pan from fridge and pour melted chocolate on top, smoothing with a spatula. Put loaf pan back in the refrigerator and chill for at least two hours.
- Remove bar from pan and transfer to a cutting board (using parchment handles) and slice into bars with a large sharp knife. For optional chocolate drizzle: Melt drizzle ingredients in microwaveable safe bowl. Drizzle additional melted chocolate over tops of bars. Refrigerate until set.*Once bars are sliced, they will firm up in the refrigerator. *To make mini bars, slice the 8 bars in half.