Fresh avocado, mango, jalapeño, red onion, and spices combine for this Spicy Mango Guacamole recipe. An easy healthy dip for sharing! Gluten-free, vegan.
It's been the summer of avocados for me.
Avocado toast, avocado in salad, avocado right out of the peel. And, of course, avocados in guacamole. It's been too hot to want much else.
So, in wanting to vary my guacamole game, mango seemed like the perfect cool and sweet compliment to a spicy dip.
Mango Guacamole Ingredients
Like many guacamole recipes, this one is full of fresh ingredients and spices. Here's what you'll need:
- ripe avocados
- red onion
- ground coriander
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- lime juice
Making Mango Guacamole
The easiest and most efficient way to throw together this guacamole dip is to prep your diced fruits and veggies first. If peeling and dicing a mango seems like it could be a pain, this tutorial on how to cut a mango makes it a cinch.
Once your ingredients are prepped, add the avocado to a bowl and mash slightly. This allows some avocado chunks to remain. Chunky guacamole not your thing? Mash to the desired consistency.
After mashing the avocado, add your spices, then your chopped mango and veggies, and stir to combine. Season with additional salt if desired.
Hungry for more tropical fruit? Check out Megan's homemade mango salsa!
More Dip Recipes
Spicy Mango Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- In a large bowl, add avocados. Mash avocados with a fork so that some bigger chunks still remain. Add coriander, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fold in red onion, mango, jalapeño, and lime juice to evenly incorporate. Add more salt to taste, if needed.
- Serve immediately with chips or vegetables.