This easy Vegan Queso Blanco Dip recipe is perfect for sharing. Made with cashews, spices, and hatch chilis, it is a delicious white cheese dip that is totally dairy-free! Gluten-free.
Cheese dip may be one of the harder things to go without when you are avoiding dairy.
And while plant-based dips and sauce aren't cheese, this vegan queso blanco dip hits all the creamy, cheesy, spicy notes.
So how do you recreate white queso without all the dairy? Here are the major ingredients you will need:
- Raw cashews
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder, ground cumin, onion powder, cayenne pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Dijon mustard
- Hatch chilis
Grab that high powered blender (affiliate link) and you're halfway to cheese dip goodness.
- Soak cashews in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain cashews and place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients except for hatch chilis.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat on low.
- Stir in hatch chilis.
- Transfer queso to a serving bowl. Garnish with extra hatch chilis.
- Serve with chips or tortillas!
Now, chips and queso are the obvious choices, but here are some other serving ideas:
- Tortilla chips
- Chicken, beef, or shrimp tacos
- Jalapeno poppers
- Raw veggies
- Mexican roasted potatoes
- Loaded baked potatoes
- Tater tots
Reheating vegan queso
This queso blanco can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, place in a microwavable bowl and heat for 30-second increments, stirring between each until warm.
Alternatively, reheat in a small saucepan over low heat.
More Vegan Dip Recipes
Vegan Queso Blanco Dip
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons canned Hatch chilis plus more for garnish
- pico de gallo or salsa
- sliced jalapeños
- Place cashews into a blender and cover with hot water. Allow to soak for 5-10 minutes. Drain and return cashews to blender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for hatch chilis, into the blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer queso to a small saucepan over low heat. Add hatch chilis and stir occasionally until warmed. Pour into a serving bowl and top with extra chilis or additional toppings as desired. Serve with chips.
- Vegan queso blanco can be refrigerated for 2-3 days in an airtight container. To reheat, place in a microwavable bowl and heat for 30 second increments, stirring after each, until heated through.