These baked Dairy-Free Jalapeño Poppers use vegan cream cheese, garlic, nutritional yeast, spices, and potato chips for an easy appetizer. Gluten-free and vegan!
If you love a little heat, then you're going to want to make these poppers.
Simple and full of flavor, these jalapeño poppers make for a delicious appetizer.
Dairy-Free Jalapeño Poppers Ingredients
It's hard to find a jalapeño popper recipe that is both gluten-free and vegan yet still satisfies. Traditional poppers use cream cheese, bread crumbs and cheese. You won't find those in this recipe. So, here's the main ingredients you'll need:
- Raw jalapeños
- Dairy-free cream cheese
- Nutritional yeast
- Minced garlic
- Lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper
- Dairy-free jalapeño or regular potato chips
Now, in order to give these vegan jalapeño poppers that cheesy taste without the cheese, nutritional yeast plays a small but important role. Together with lemon juice and spices, that cheesy tang is replicated.
Gluten-free breadcrumb substitute
Crushed potato chips are a great alternative to breadcrumbs for various dishes. Use jalapeño or spicy chips to top your peppers for an even better kick!
When using flavored potato chips, be sure to check the label for dairy or gluten, if necessary. Regular potato chips will work just fine.
The best tip for easy jalapeño prep, is wearing gloves while you slice and scoop out the seeds and membranes. This will help avoid getting any in your eyes and keep your fingers clean.
For another gluten-free recipe with heat, check out this one for sofritas!
More Gluten-Free Appetizers
Dairy-Free Jalapeño Poppers
- 8-10 jalapeños
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup dairy-free jalapeño chips or potato chips crushed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wearing gloves to protect your hands, slice jalapeños lengthwise. Scoop the seeds and membranes out. Place jalapeños in even rows on baking sheet skin side down.
- In a medium bowl, combine vegan cream cheese, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Fill jalapeños with cream cheese mixture and sprinkle crushed potato chips on top. Bake for 10-13 minutes, careful not to burn chips on top. Serve immediately.