This Vegan Cheese Ball recipe is an easy plant-based appetizer made with cashew cream and dairy-free cream cheese. Gluten-free.
Appetizers don't have to have dairy to be fun. And delicious.
If you are skeptical, then you must try this recipe. This dairy-free cheese ball made with homemade ranch seasoning is perfect for parties, gatherings, and everthing in-between.
Dairy-Free Cheese Ball Ingredients
An easy cheese ball coated in pecans actually requires very few ingredients. Here are the major items and dried herbs and spices you'll need:
- Dairy-free cream cheese
- Raw cashews
- Olive oil
- Raw pecans
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried dill, chives, and parsley
How to Make a Cheese Ball
So you might be wondering, how exactly do you make a vegan cheese ball? Follow these steps to learn how:
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with hot water to soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add cream cheese, olive oil, water and processor until combined.
- Sprinkle in herbs and spices and process again until integrated.
- Place a tea towel in a medium bowl.
- Transfer cheese mixture into tea towel, gather corners, and twist to close.
- Chill cheese in freezer for one hour.
- Place pecan pieces on a medium plate.
- Take cheese ball, form into a smoother circle and press into pecans.
- Store cheese ball in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What to Serve with a Cheese Ball
Once your easy cheese ball is ready, it's time to think about what foods to serve with it. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Gluten-free crackers
- Gluten-free pretzels
- Apple slices
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Gluten-free flatbread
Want more dairy-free nibbles and starters recipes? Check out these stuffed cabbage rolls and the links below!
More Gluten-Free Appetizers
Vegan Cheese Ball
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chives
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½-3/4 cup raw pecans chopped into small pieces
- Place cashews in a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Wipe medium bowl clean that held soaking cashews and set aside.
- Add cream cheese, olive oil, and water to cashews in food processor. Process until smooth, stopping when needed to wipe down sides with a spatula.
- Add in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, chives, parsley, salt and pepper and process again until cheese mixture is completely integrated.
- Place a tea towel in the medium bowl. Transfer cheese mixture into the middle of the tea towel, gather corners together, and twist to close. Chill cheese in bowl in the freezer for one hour. Alternatively, chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place pecan pieces on a medium plate. Take cheese ball out of tea towel, form into a smoother ball and press into pecans until the ball is completely coated.
- Store cheese ball in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve cheese ball with crackers, crudites, or pretzels.