4-Ingredient Banana Bread Cookies make for a naturally-sweetened healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert! Gluten-free, vegan.
I don't know about you, but give me a 4-ingredient cookie recipe that I can make by memory, and I'm a happy girl. Bonus points for healthy, naturally-sweetened, and versatile.
These 4-ingredient banana bread cookies are just that. Made with a simple base of bananas and gluten-free oats, the bananas double as a binder and a natural sweetener. Cinnamon and vanilla extract give the essence of freshly baked banana bread, and optional mix-in's like walnuts and cacao nibs add crunch, flavor, and additional nutrition.
Bananas are a pretty powerful fruit. In addition to being packed with potassium, vitamin C, and other minerals, bananas have anti-fungal and antibiotic compounds that can help fight viruses. Who wouldn't want a little extra of that this time of year?
What I love most about these simple cookies is their versatility. Healthy enough to serve as a breakfast cookie, easy to take on the go, and sweet enough to feel like dessert!
Pro tip: pop a cookie into the microwave for 5-10 seconds, and you'll have that warm banana bread experience on the spot.
In the mood for some classic banana bread? Check out Brianna's gluten-free banana bread recipe!
4-Ingredient Banana Bread Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add oats, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Add additional mix-in's if desired. Stir until oats are coated and mixture is evenly combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop batter and form into ball. Place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.