This easy Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats recipe is perfect for busy mornings. Made with whole-grain oats and sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. Gluten-free and vegan.
Busy weekday mornings are made a little easier with this delicious breakfast recipe.
With just 5 minutes of prep, you'll have creamy oats full of cinnamon flavor ready for the next day.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy to meal prep
- Healthy ingredients
- Simple recipe
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are made by soaking raw oats in milk. This no-cook method allows them to soften as they absorb the liquid.
The resulting creamy oats are versatile and are great for adding toppings and flavorings.
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are a few quick notes about the ingredients in this recipe. You can see a complete list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
Rolled oats - Also known as old fashioned oats, are a great source of vitamins and minerals, fiber, and protein content.
They are the star of this nutritious breakfast like in these chocolate peanut butter overnight oats!
Make sure you choose certified gluten-free oats to keep things gluten-free.
Chia seeds - These powerful little seeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and essential nutrients.
Whole or ground flaxseed can be substituted.
Non-dairy milk - Use the dairy-free milk of your choosing.
Unsweetened almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, oat milk, hemp milk, and coconut milk are all great plant milk options.
Maple syrup - Naturally refined sugar-free, pure maple syrup adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
Agave syrup can be substituted as a vegan option or honey if not vegan.
If substituting, I would recommend taste-testing a little at a time before utilizing the full amount called for in the recipe.
Coconut sugar is another good option but is slightly less sweet.
Vanilla extract - A little goes a long way in rounding out the different flavors here. But vanilla is a necessary ingredients for that cinnamon roll flavor.
Chopped pecans - This is totally optional, but adds a little crunch and flavor.
Before you start: Get out all your ingredients, mixing bowl, and small mason jars or glass containers.
Step 1: Combine the dry ingredients (oats, salt, and chia seeds) in a medium or large bowl.
Add the liquid ingredients (almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract). Stir oats mixture until combined.
Step 2: Divide the mixture between two to three small airtight container. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To get a thinner consistency, add an extra splash of milk to your creamy cinnamon roll oats.
- Want it a little sweeter? An extra drizzle of maple syrup or a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar should do the trick.
- A small mason jar makes a great individual serving vessel for this easy breakfast.
Store this easy recipe in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Keep in airtight containers.
Sprinkle or drizzle the top of the oats with your favorite toppings.
- A sprinkling of cinnamon sugar
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Chopped pecans for a pecan cinnamon buns feel
- A dollop of dairy-free or regular cream cheese
Other options include fresh fruit on the top or on the side, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut.
Rolled oats are commonly used due to their great texture, absorption, and versatility. They offer a balance of creaminess and a nutty taste. They also don't get gummy like quick oats can.
Any type of milk, dairy or non-dairy will work for overnight oats.
More easy breakfast recipes
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- 1 cup (100g) gluten-free rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup (170ml) unsweetened almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans optional
- cinnamon sugar
- maple syrup
- chopped pecans
- Combine oats, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chia seeds in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until all ingredients are completely incorporated. (Fold in pecans if using.)
- Divide mixture between two small airtight jars or containers. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold. Top with additional toppings if desired.