This easy Blackberry Crumble recipe is made with whole grain oats and brimming with fresh blackberries. Serve this classic blackberry crumble with a scoop of ice cream! Gluten-free, vegan.
Summer may be coming to a close soon, but there is still time for blackberries!
There’s not many things easier than a crumble. Fruit, oats, butter, sweetener, and flour.
This recipe hits all the notes of a classic crumble but is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. Plus, it’s nut-free too!
Ingredients for Blackberry Crumble
What’s the difference between a crumble and a cobbler? While both are baked fruit desserts, cobblers are topped with biscuits. Crumbles are topped with a streusel-like mixture. You can make crumble toppings with or without oats.
For this blackberry crumble with oats, here are the major ingredients you will need:
- Fresh blackberries
- Maple syrup
- Gluten-free oats
- Cassava flour
- Organic cane sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Vegan butter
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Blackberry Crumble with Oats
The beautiful thing about crumbles are that they come together so easily! Here are the steps to this gluten-free crumble:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine blackberries, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to a second medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut in pieces of vegan butter into the crumble.
- Transfer fruit mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle gluten-free crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow crumble to cool for a few minutes before serving.
How to Serve Homemade Crumble
Serve this vegan crumble warm or cold. It is especially good with vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
More Summer Fruit Desserts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine blackberries, maple syrup, and a 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add cane sugar, oats, cinnamon, pinch of salt, and cassava flour to a second medium bowl and whisk to combine. Use a fork, pastry cutter, or your fingers to cut in pieces of vegan butter into the crumble. You will have pea-sized pieces when finished. Add remaining vanilla extract and toss mixture to coat.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle gluten-free crumble topping over the fruit in an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is a golden brown and blackberry mixture is bubbling. Allow blackberry crumble to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream.