Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread made with almond flour, gluten-free oat flour, coconut sugar, ripe bananas, and topped with extra strawberries. A healthy banana bread recipe that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free!
Roasted strawberries may be one of my very favorite things. Strawberries that are oven roasted are sweet, jammy, and slightly tart.
Sometimes I roast them with a little honey, maple syrup, or balsamic vinegar.
And if I'm not folding them into banana bread, they make the best topping for oatmeal, tarts, and ice cream.
For this recipe, the strawberries are roasted on their own and folded into the batter creating pockets of jammy strawberry goodness.
Adapted from my tahini banana bread recipe, the batter combines ripe bananas with wholesome almond and oat flours, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and almond butter.
The combination of almond flour and oat flour in quick bread is one of my go-to's. I like the texture it provides, and it resembles a flavor similar to whole wheat flour.
They are two flours that I have in my pantry at all times, along with their whole almond and oat forms.
You can never have too many healthy oatmeal recipes, especially to top with slow-roasted strawberries!
So, top a slice with additional almond butter, strawberry butter, or butter of choice, or have a slice with a little whipped cream. Any way you slice it, you'll be happy you made this roasted strawberry banana bread!
Want more banana bread recipes? Dominique's paleo coffee cake banana bread sounds like the best of both worlds!
And if gluten-free berry desserts are your jam, I've got you covered. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries, there is a recipe for it.
Plus, these gluten-free strawberry muffins are ones to try!
More Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipes
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup unsalted almond butter, well stirred
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, halved and quartered (plus 2-3 strawberries for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread strawberries in an even layer, making sure there is space between each. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Combine the mashed bananas and coconut sugar in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix on low until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in roasted strawberries until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula. Quarter additional strawberries and scatter over top of batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tester comes out clean (55 mins was just about right for my oven). At the 45 minute mark, cover lightly with a sheet of foil to prevent over-browning.
- Allow bread to cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan using the parchment 'handles'. Slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.