These Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are made with chia seeds, cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond milk. A gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free easy breakfast recipe!
How do you do overnight oats?
If it's not with chocolate and peanut butter, it's time to add it to the mix.
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are made by soaking raw oats in milk. This no-cook method allows the oats to soften as they absorb the liquid. Versatile and easy, adding flavoring and toppings are a great way to add variety to your breakfast.
So, these chocolate peanut butter overnight oats will taste like a treat. But with healthy ingredients!
What kind of oats do you use for overnight oats?
Use old-fashioned rolled oats for overnight oats. After soaking, rolled oats make for a creamier consistency. Quick oats and steel cut oats may leave your finished product mushy or gummy.
For this recipe, and any oats recipe that needs to be gluten-free, be sure to select certified gluten-free rolled oats.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Ingredients
Ready for chocolatey, peanut butter rich, creamy oats? Here's the ingredients you'll need:
- Gluten-free oats
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chia seeds
- Peanut butter
- Almond milk
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
Additional topping ideas:
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
Storing overnight oats
While you can prep these peanut butter oats in a mixing bowl, overnight soaking and storing is best done in glass jars. Mason jars and any small glass jar that can be made airtight works well.
Want more overnight oats? Check out these eight overnight oats recipes!
More Breakfast Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups almond or coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut flakes
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- Combine oats, cocoa, salt, and chia seeds in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add peanut butter, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Divide mixture between two to three small glass jars. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold. Top with additional toppings if desired.