Homemade Honey Roasted Almond Butter is perfect for snacks, sandwiches, breakfast, and smoothies! So many uses with only 3 ingredients! Gluten-free.
Almond butter is pretty darn good on its own. But add a couple little extras, and boy is it great!
Homemade nut butters really are simple and require few ingredients. This recipe roasts the almonds before whipping them into a creamy, salty-sweet butter.
Roasted Almond Butter Ingredients
With only 3 major ingredients (4 if you are counting salt!), this almond butter works in so many applications. Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- Raw almonds
- Avocado oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil
What kind of oil is best for nut butters? If using oil in your homemade almond butter, you'll want to choose one with a neutral flavor. Because you can make it without any oil at all, a little bit goes a long way for a creamier butter. Avocado oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, and even almond oil would all work well.
What can be substituted to make this vegan? In place of honey, agave syrup or maple syrup can be used instead. Start with a small amount and add more until desired sweetness is achieved.
How to Make Almond Butter
Grab your food processor and follow these steps to honey roasted almond butter!
- Spread almonds evenly on baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes then allow to cool.
- Transfer almonds to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until crumbly, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Add neutral oil, if using,
- Once butter starts to turn creamy, add honey and salt.
- Continue to process until mixture is smooth.
Tips for Homemade Almond Butter
While making your own homemade nut butter is quite simple, there are a few things to note:
- Patience! Processing nuts into a creamy butter can take up to 25-30 minutes.
- Be prepared to stop the food processor every so often to scrape down the sides.
- Adding a neutral oil can help speed up processing and results in a creamier butter.
Want more almond butter goodness? Check out these flourless almond butter cookies and the links below!
More Recipes with Almond Butter
Honey Roasted Almond Butter
- 2 ¼ cups (16oz) raw almonds
- 3-4 teaspoons avocado oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread almonds in an even layer on a baking pan. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Allow almonds to cool a few minutes and then transfer to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Process or blend almonds until a paste start to form. The almonds will go from almond meal, to chunks, to finally a paste. Stop and scrape down the sides when needed. This process can take some time, but it will happen! Add your oil and process until paste starts to become creamy. Add your honey and salt and process until desired creaminess is achieved.
- Recipe will yield 16 ounces. Store in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Stir to reincorporate before each use.