Vegan Salsa Verde Totchos made with a green salsa cashew cheese sauce and loaded with vegetarian toppings. A gluten-free tater tot nachos recipe!
I think it is safe to say that hibernation mode has set in here in a big way. Our frigid temps have me embracing time on the couch, cuddled under blankets, catching up on movies and tv shows.
Included in hibernation mode is the desire for all the comfort food. These vegan tater tot nachos have been fulfilling that desire big time.
Vegan Totchos Ingredients
Tater tot nachos or “totchos” are incredibly easy. The beauty of totchos is that you can play around with the toppings as you prefer. The ingredients for these vegan salsa verde totchos are as follows:
- frozen tater tots
- raw cashews
- salsa verde
- black beans
As I’ve been keeping things pretty dairy-free as of late, I wanted a version of totchos with a dairy-free cheese sauce. Zesting things up a bit, I opted to blend the cashew cream with a prepared salsa verde.
The outcome is a creamy, spicy “cheese” sauce that adds the perfect touch to these meatless tater tot nachos.
Now, even though this tater tot nacho recipe is vegetarian, we’ve added chicken sausage to ours before and it is equally as tasty. Customize them to your preference while easily keeping them dairy-free!
Got comfort food on the mind now? Check out Lindsay’s keto chicken crust pizza. Another perfect option for sharing.
More Appetizer Recipes
Vegan Salsa Verde Totchos (Gluten-Free)
- 1 32oz bag frozen tater tots
Salsa Verde Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup salsa verde prepared or homemade
- 1/2 cup water
Seasoned Black Beans
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- torn cilantro
- sliced jalapenos
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to directed temp on frozen tater tot package. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread tater tots in an even layer. Bake tater tots for directed time, usually 20-25 minutes.Prepare cheese sauce, beans, and toppings while tater tots cook.
- Place cashews in the bowl of a blender and cover completely with boiling water. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes. Drain and return cashews to blender. Add a 1/2 cup water. Blend on high until mostly creamy. Add salsa verde and blend on high until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and allow to cook for one minute. Turn heat to low and add black beans and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice. Stir to combine. Stir occasionally as beans heat on low until time to assemble totchos.
- When tater tots are cooked, sprinkle black beans in an even layer over tots. Add desired toppings. Pour salsa verde cashew cheese sauce over tots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve warm.