This fresh Citrus Margarita recipe uses orange, lime, and grapefruit juices and is sweetened with agave syrup. A healthier citrus-forward cocktail!
There are all kinds of margaritas.
From classic to creative, the simple margarita cocktail is a favorite. Combining orange, grapefruit, and lime juice, this triple-citrus margarita recipe is one to add to your lineup.
Orange flavored liqueurs or triple sec traditionally add a citrusy punch to the margarita. This tequila drink uses fresh orange juice in its place.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Agave syrup
- Kosher salt or sea salt
How to Make Citrus Margaritas
Using fresh citrus makes this margarita extra delicious. Store-bought 100% grapefruit, orange, and lime juice will work too if you are in a pinch.
Follow these steps for a citrus-forward cocktail!
- Salt the rim. Trace a lime along the rim of a glass. Dip rim of glass into a plate with salt and set aside.
- Assemble. Place a few ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Pour orange, lime, and grapefruit juices into the cocktail shaker. Add agave syrup and tequila.
- Shake, shake, shake. Cover shaker with cap and shake vigorously.
- Strain and enjoy! Strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime.
Tools You'll Need
Making a homemade margarita is quite simple, but a few of these tools on hand will help!
There are different types of citrus juicers. This handheld juicer makes sure no drop goes unused. This 2-in-1 citrus juicer has a measuring cup attached to make things super easy.
A classic cocktail shaker is all you need. Once in your collection, it can be utilized for future cocktails!
Love a cocktail with a twist? My tequila gimlet is just that. Check out this mezcal negroni and the links below!
More Citrus Recipes
Broiled Grapefruit with Rosemary
Pistachio Olive Oil Cake with Honeyed Kumquats
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice (1 large orange)
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice (½ grapefruit)
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- ½ ounce agave syrup
- kosher salt or sea salt optional
- 1 lime wedge optional
- Trace lime wedge along the rim of a rocks glass. Place salt on a small plate. Dip rim of glass into plate with salt and set aside.
- Place a few ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Pour orange, lime, and grapefruit juices into the cocktail shaker. Add agave syrup and tequila.
- Cover shaker with cap and shake vigorously.
- Fill the prepared glass with ice. Strain mixture into the glass. Garnish with a lime.
Yum! My favorite fruits in my favorite cocktail!
So fresh and citrusy!