Bright, fresh, and easy, this Kiwi Avocado and Tomato Salad recipe is topped with a simple, sweet, and tangy kiwi fruit dressing. Gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
I have to admit that kiwi is one fruit I often forget about. It’s funny fuzzy peel and it’s bright green fruit is kind of hard to miss, but somehow, it doesn’t seem to make it into my grocery cart as often as it should.
Kiwi fruit are bursting with good stuff. High in fiber and loaded with over 270 percent of your daily allowance of Vitamin C, they offer healthy amounts of Vitamin E, K, and folate, not to mention more potassium than a banana.
When traveling earlier this summer, I had a salad that was loaded with kiwi, tomatoes, and avocado. It had this wonderful kiwi dressing that I have not stopped thinking about, and I was excited to recreate it. Kiwi makes for a sweet, tangy, and creamy dressing. What can’t they do?!
Luckily, the dressing recipe here makes extra so that you can enjoy it for days afterward.
Want more dressing inspiration? Check out this raspberry vinaigrette!
Kiwi Avocado and Tomato Salad with Kiwi Dressing
- 4 kiwi peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 cups mixed greens
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1-2 kiwi peeled, sliced, and quartered
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- salt and pepper to taste
To Make Dressing
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Dressing recipe will make extra for future salads.
Kiwi Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Place mixed greens, avocados, tomatoes, kiwi, and pepitas into a large serving bowl or into 4 individual bowls. Top with desired amount of dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.